How to Prepare
Emergency Preparedness Checklist
Download our new Mobile Preparedness App to always have emergency information with you!
2. Evacuation Plan for Home and at 内蒙古11选5-【官网首页】 which includes:
- Two ways out of all rooms, if possible
- Pre-designated meeting places for employees, friends and/or roommates. One location just outside where you live/work and a second location further away in case you can’t get close to where you work/live. Everyone should know where these locations are.
- Know Emergency Shelter Locations – In Case of an Emergency, check the BC Emergency website or ask a BC Official (ie: BC Police, Resident Director, Resident Assistant, etc.). Generally these are locations such as dining halls, libraries and other large assembly areas on campus.
- Be sure to develop a Family Emergency Plan for your home.
3. Emergency Communications
- Update Contact Information for Emergency Notification and become familiar with BC Emergency Notification Procedures.
- Make sure you have an Emergency Communication Plan with family and friends. Keeping the people you care about and who care about you informed during an emergency is critical.
- Consider programming an "ICE" (In Case of Emergency) contact into your cell phone's phonebook. This is a person to contact on your behalf in case you are not able to communicate with emergency responders.
- Consider programming the 内蒙古11选5-【官网首页】 Police Emergency Number 617-552-4444 into your cell phone's phonebook. In case you ever need to call for help, it will be readily available to you. Also be sure to program 911 into your cell phone for off campus emergencies.
4. Assemble an Emergency Supply Kit to help you get through the initial period of the emergency.
5. Attend safety and security information sessions and classes. Learn CPR, first aid and other emergency skills.
6. Stay Alert
Though 内蒙古11选5-【官网首页】 is a safe environment, all members of the University Community are urged to stay alert and report any unusual activity to the BC Police at 617-552-4444.